Corrugated steel lends itself to the making of several garden products. A combination of high strength, lightness, durability and good looks gives corrugated steel a natural advantage.
All garden products have rounded edges for safety. They can be safely leant on, and are child-friendly.
- Raised beds are made from corrugated steel.
- They are lightweight yet strong.
- The corrugated sheets are riveted together, giving a strong, neat joint.
- The top edge of the steel is rounded to prevent injury.
- On longer beds, cross braces are used to stop the bed from bending outwards due to soil pressure.
- We paint the inside of the beds with a rubberized bitumen paint to prevent corrosion of the steel.
- They look great.
- They keep bugs out.
- Less bending.
- No problem with surrounding grass growing into a bed.
- They drain well.
- They are light weight and moveable.
- They can make a feature of a vegetable garden.
- Pets are less likely to damage plants and gardens.
- They also save space as you don’t have to leave a space for a path, and the width of the raised bed allows comfortable access to the raised bed.
- There is no compaction from people standing on the bed, this means that the soil in your raised garden bed will be loose and well aerated for years.
- Water is saved as all water stays below the plants. In a conventional low bed the water will spread out underground and go outside the reach of the roots of the plants in the bed.
Raised garden beds are great for Schools as they are easier to garden in and to keep looking neat. If Children find the gardening experience easier and more productive, they are more likely to be inspired and to take up gardening at home. A group of children can be made responsible for a bed, and it is a nice manageable area.
WHAT TO PLANT
Raised garden beds are good for vegetables and herbs. If placed against a wall, tomatoes can be planted at the back, and shorter vegetables in the front. It is easier to mulch plants in a raised beds, as the mulch is contained by the sides. Flowering bushes as well as small trees are also suitable.
TRELLISING AND SUPPORTS
It is easy to put in poles or stands to support climbing plants, or to drape plant netting to protect vegetables from birds and insects.
We deliver in Cape Town, Somerset West, Stellenbosch, Paarl. Contact us for rates.
We can make raised garden beds to your own sizes, and can also make round garden beds.
SIZES & PRICING: ELONGATED PLANTERS
Please click here to download an illustration of the different Planter sizes/ dimensions: OvalPlanters
|1200MM||400MM||280MM||170 litres||R 295.00||R 110.00|
|1200MM||400MM||400MM||125 litres||R 415.00||R 110.00|
|1100MM||600MM||400MM||230 litres||R 425.00||R 140.00|
|1100MM||600MM||800MM||460 litres||R 635.00||R 140.00|
|1300MM||800MM||400MM||360 litres||R 535.00||R 185.00|
|1400MM||700MM||400MM||350 litres||R 535.00||R 185.00|
|1800MM||800MM||400MM||520 litres||R 665.50||R 220.00|
|1800MM||800MM||800MM||1040 litres||R 1 015.00||R 220.00|
|2400MM||1200MM||400MM||1025 litres||R 935.00||–|
|2400MM||1200MM||800MM||2050 litres||R 1 395.00||–|
|3000MM||1200MM||400MM||1300 litres||R 1 120.00||–|
|3000MM||1200MM||800MM||2600 litres||R 1 645.00||–|
|3000MM||800MM||400MM||900 litres||R 1 045.00||–|
SIZES & PRICING: ROUND PLANTERS
|550MM||400MM||95 litres||R 245.00||R 90.00|
|550MM||800MM||190 litres||R 380.00||R 90.00|
|650MM||400MM||130 litres||R 295.00||R 100.00|
|650MM||800MM||260 litres||R 450.00||R 100.00|
|750MM||400MM||175 litres||R 330.00||R 120.00|
|750MM||800MM||350 litres||R 510.00||R 120.00|
|900MM||400MM||250 litres||R 405.00||R 175.00|
|1200MM||400MM||450 litres||R 535.00||R 245.00|