Standard reservoirs are not supplied with a roof or cover.
ADVANTAGES OF A ROOF OR COVER
- Prevent dirt and leaves entering the reservoir.
- Reduce evaporation.
- Reduce sunlight to help prevent growth of algae.
- Safety – access more difficult for swimming.
- Prevents animal access.
CORRUGATED STEEL ROOFS:
0.47mm thick zincalume corrugated sheets are used for a lightweight covering.
A safety edge is placed over the ends of the roof to prevent injury.
There is a 400mm manhole fitted to the roof.
NB there is a need to use light weight materials that can be supported by the corrugated steel wall. As a result the roof is not designed to be walked on by humans.
95% SHADE CLOTH COVERS:
- Cost effective and light weight.
- Keeps out most dirt and leaves.
- Reduces light.
- Long lasting.
- Allows rain water through.
- (PVC covers can collect water resulting in structural damage to the reservoir).
- The edge of the cover is hemmed over 50mm polyester strapping.
- Brass eyelets are fitted into the hem.
- The cover is secured with 7mm rope through the eyelets and around hooks – hooks are secured to corrugated steel wall.
- For diameter of 6m and larger a central PVC pole is used.
- As an extra measure the cover is secured with a 50mm cargo strap and ratchet.