Corrugated steel lends itself to the making of several garden products. A combination of high strength, lightness, durability and good looks gives corrugated steel a natural advantage.
All garden products have rounded edges for safety. They can be safely leant on, and are child-friendly.
- They look great.
- They keep bugs out.
- Less bending.
- No problem with surrounding grass growing into a bed.
- They drain well.
- They are light weight and moveable.
- They can make a feature of a vegetable garden.
- Pets are less likely to damage plants and gardens.
- They also save space as you don’t have to leave a space for a path, and the width of the raised bed allows comfortable access to the raised bed.
- There is no compaction from people standing on the bed, this means that the soil in your raised garden bed will be loose and well aerated for years.
- Water is saved as all water stays below the plants. In a conventional low bed the water will spread out underground and go outside the reach of the roots of the plants in the bed.
- Great for schools as they are compact, and easier to keep looking tidy – with the option of children being responsible for their individual bed that they can decorate and be inspired by!
WHAT TO PLANT
Raised garden beds are good for vegetables and herbs. If placed against a wall, tomatoes can be planted at the back, and shorter vegetables in the front. It is easier to mulch plants in a raised beds, as the mulch is contained by the sides. Flowering bushes as well as small trees are also suitable.
TRELLISING AND SUPPORTS
It is easy to put in poles or stands to support climbing plants, or to drape plant netting to protect vegetables from birds and insects.
For more information click here.